- 17 years or older and have a GED or graduated high school
- Basic understanding of how to open and move around a laptop or desktop computer
- Have a clear speaking voice. We will be working with Dragon software which students will learn to train to recognize their voice pattern.
New student startup dates:
- January 1, 2016
- April 1, 2016
- July 1, 2016
- Oct. 1, 2016
All classes for this course will be offered online using Moodle or similar online platform and Skype for live interaction.
Classes will be offered two days a week to students for 12 consecutive months. Students will be able to attend day OR evening classes once enrolled. The official class times are:
- Tuesdays: 9am – 12pm Day Class
- Tuesdays: 6pm – 9pm Night Class
- Thursdays: 9am – 12pm Day Class
- Thursdays: 6pm – 9pm Night Class
Students are encouraged to attend 6 hours each week and may choose between day and night classes without prior approval from staff. Attendance records will be kept throughout enrollment.
Please refer to “absences and make-up work” in school catalog should student plan to miss scheduled class time.
*At this time afternoon classes are not available to students. Increased enrollment may allow for additional afternoon class offerings in the future.
Items needed at time of enrollment:
- Laptop Computer with Minimum Requirements:
Operating System – Windows 7, 8, 8.1 or 10
Processor – 4th Generation Intel Core i7
3.4 Ghz, 500GB, (7200rpm)
Memory – 8GB (expandable to 16GB)
(approximate cost: $1300 new; $700 refurbished)
- Headset – Earbuds or easy-fitting standard headset
(approximate cost: $55 – $30 new; $10 used)
- Headset/Microphone – Sennheiser ME 3-ew
(approximate cost: $105 new; $80 used)
- Software – Dragon 12 version or higher Professional Version